As the need for sustainable alternatives to building anew becomes increasingly urgent, the AR New into Old awards celebrate the innovative ways buildings are adapted and remodelled to welcome new contemporary uses.
- All entries will be reviewed by the expert international judging panel which will choose a shortlist of 15 projects.
- The top six commended projects will then be visited by an independent critic before the winner is selected by the judges.
- All entrants will have their project listed on the New into Old awards website, each with an image and URL.
- All shortlisted projects will be promoted on the AR website, emails and via social media, which have a following of over a million readers worldwide.
- All shortlisted projects will be featured in the July/August 2021 issue of The Architectural Review, with in-depth building studies for the top six.
- Photographs of the winning project will be considered by the editorial team for the front cover of The Architectural Review
Enter your projects using our simple registration. All projects must have been completed after December 2015, there are no budget or location restrictions.
- Register on the entry page and enter your contact and project details.
- Provide us with 250 words of explanatory text describing the project.
- Upload your 2 entry boards to your online entry - these should include images, drawings and explanatory text. We will require the artwork for each board as a PDF file containing compressed images, drawings and vectorised text. Files should not exceed 12Mb in size and do not require trim lines or bleed. Projects will be printed on two A2 sized boards and used for judging. Please also submit one hi-res image to be used on the website for our submitted projects page.
- Submit your entry by the deadline (19/03/2021). You can start and save your entry to come back to at any point before the deadline.
- To ensure anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any part of the board. When you register your details online, you will be given a reference number. PLEASE ENSURE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER IS PROVIDED WHEN UPLOADING YOUR BOARDS VIA THE ENTRY FORM. Only after the jury has chosen the shortlist will the identity of the winners be revealed.
- Boards should include at least ONE PLAN and ONE SECTION of the project as well as images and a short explanatory text.
- View boards from the 2019 New into Old winner Flores & Prats:
Deadline and price
Entry deadline: 19 March 2021 - £375 PLUS VAT
For any queries about your payment please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 203 953 2650
Use of images of promotional material:
The Architectural Review also reserves the right to make use of images of winning projects (both in print and digital media) for promotional material and editorial use in connection with the award. For instance, this might include publicising an exhibition (of winning entries), a lecture series (featuring the winning architects), or promoting the award itself. Use of material in this capacity either in whole or part will not attract payment of copyright. Where we are made aware of their names, photographers will be credited.